Who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished clean up after brewing a batch of Hobgoblin. I used the cooling water on the lawn and my hops. Also transfered a batch of Centennial Blonde to secondary and bottled a batch of ESB.

I only did one batch instead of two (poker tournament to play in at 4), but it wasn't any of the ones that I had planned on doing and posted about previously. I did a Chinook IPA and I'll probably do either the Wheat or the Pale Ale tomorrow evening.

A recent post about how much Chinook was too much peaked my curiosity, so I brewed this up today:

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 7.39 gal
Estimated OG: 1.063 SG
Estimated Color: 7.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 63.8 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.25 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 72.55 %
2.00 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 15.69 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 7.84 %
0.50 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 3.92 %
1.00 oz Chinook [12.60 %] (60 min) Hops 37.6 IBU
1.00 oz Chinook [12.60 %] (60 min) (Mash Hop) Hops 7.5 IBU
1.00 oz Chinook [12.60 %] (Dry Hop 14 days) Hops -
1.00 oz Chinook [12.60 %] (15 min) Hops 18.7 IBU
1.00 oz Chinook [12.60 %] (0 min) Hops -
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Nottingham Yeast (Lallemand #-) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 12.75 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 3.95 gal of water at 162.6 F 151.0 F

Spent the weekend doing "Bull$pit" stuff to keep my association nazi's off my back. Moved my kegerator and fermenting fridge from my balcony into my aparment (only lawn furniture allowed, and I did not think that I could convince the old biddys that a kegerator is mandatory lawn furniture.)
Then attempting to fix jacked up jelicies(SP?).
A really pissy weak-end, did not even make up the batch of cider. But the real problem is the replacement glass was cut too short, I need to re-rivet ton's of sections - I mean almost every section on every window.
The biggest problem is that I put the kegerator right next to the computer, I can not lean over and pour my next drink without getting up. Only saving grace is I still need to get up and walk to the bathroom so I will know when the world is really swimming around me.
OK, after griping all this time, should I make a hobgoblin or Octoberfeast next?

I'm brewing this Thursday. My first batch, so there's going to be a party, and I'm going to grill sausages between checking on my bubbling goodness! The brew will be a cherry stout ale from AHS.

Brewing Sunday and it's either going to be a brew based on BM's Oktoberfast, an Oatmeal Stout based on Jamil's, or an Irish Red based on an old extract recipe that I used to make years ago.

I'm brewing this Thursday. My first batch, so there's going to be a party, and I'm going to grill sausages between checking on my bubbling goodness! The brew will be a cherry stout ale from AHS.

Nice choice for the first beer- that thing will be tasting great when the weather turns cool! I hope you know how addictive this is going to be...:mug:

Nice choice for the first beer- that thing will be tasting great when the weather turns cool! I hope you know how addictive this is going to be...:mug:

Trust me, it's already addictive, and I haven't even made my first batch yet! I already have my next several batches planned and added to my wishlist on AHS.

:off: I have decided to bottle half without the cherry flavor first, then add the cherry flavor for the other half, so it's like getting two beers in one! Then I'll save the other half of the cherry flavor for when I brew a wheat beer. Mmmm, cherry wheat is my fav!

Starting tomorrow I'm going to be in a bottling frenzy then gotta hold off brewing till Sunday to go to gf's daughter bday party.... its sad... I'd rather brew than do that... :eek:

I have a Biere De Garde going for Sunday. I guess I beat a few of you my Oktoberfest has been in primary for 4 weeks now, the Whitelabs Oktoberfest yeast is a slow one so plan on a long primary if you choose that yeast.

I did a Biere De Garde style Oktoberfest back on the 9th.. Beire De Chute NB limited Edition Extract Kit with a Wyeast limited edition yeast.... Mix between ale and lager but 2ndary is at 34* for a month... wicked low. Will be ready mid October.. heh.

Congrats on getting into it... I got hooked from my brother a year before I made my first batch. Never had a party the first time I made some though :-( bastard friends would rather sleep in day and go to bars at night.

maybe......we'll see

Made two starters last night as usual. Woke this morning to nothing, zip, nada going on in the flasks. American Hefe 320. Quite a disappointment being that I drove the hour to Tucson to pick it up myself

But I did get a chance to try out my new airlocks though

starter6.jpg

maybe......we'll see

Made two starters last night as usual. Woke this morning to nothing, zip, nada going on in the flasks. American Hefe 320. Quite a disappointment being that I drove the hour to Tucson to pick it up myself

But I did get a chance to try out my new airlocks though

starter6.jpg

lmao to spongebob.

Did an American Amber thursday, and doing a Belgian Dubbel sunday. I hate it when a fermenting bucket is empty...

Chimone, we have the same stove apparently :D

Did a melomel yesterday, Apfelwein today. My beer ingredients have been slow getting here, and the brew shop was closed today before I could get there, so I didn't do a beer this weekend like I had been planning.

Latest posts

Back