Whoops! Wrong distributer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanPoch

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm new to the world of keging and was trying to get a set up so I had 3 gas lines running from my CO2 tank, 2 for serving and one so I could just shut the others off when filling another keg. Anyway I messed up when ordering and got the gas lines with the 1/4" swivel nut connectors, but a 3 line distributor with 1/4" barb shutoffs instead of the 1/4" MFL shutoffs I should have gotten.

Looks like I'm going to need another gas line also, so I'll be ordering from Northern Brewer again and can order the right distributer, but in the mean time does anyone need a 3-line 1/4" barb gas line distributer (http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/3-way-co2-distributor-w-1-4-barb-shutoff.html) is the one I have.

Or suggestions on how to salvage this screw-up :eek: would be welcome too.

Thanks.

I'll give them a call about it. I bought the thing back in January and am just now getting to take a look for it.

I've found out that for about $10 in parts I can put together a few 1' hoses to convert it to the 1/4" MFP threads that match the gas line.

Eh, you live and learn, right :)

Just in case this happens to anyone else, I went to the local hardware store and bought the following:
  1. 4' of 1/4" ID tubing
  2. 3 of 1/4" barb x 1/4" MPT adapter
  3. 10 of worm-gear hose clamp to fit
I only needed 8 of the hose clamps, but at $1 each a couple extra can't hurt. so my total was $18.

1' of hose used to connect the distributor to the gas valve and 1' of hose off of each of the three exit ports with the barb to mpt adapter at the end of each hose. This will also make attaching the gas lines easier once the distributor is attached to the wall.

Back