Whole foods has spiced cider in 3qt jugs for $7.99

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divi2323

Reaction score
I know it's not an awesome price, but if anyone out there needs smaller containers to experiment with, Whole foods has spiced holiday cider for $7.99 each. Glass jugs, 3qt in size, large wide mouthed tops that you can fit a small bung in.

They also have unfiltered apple juice in a 1gallon glass jug for the same price, but the neck is a lot more narrow and would take a pretty small bung to fit.

Remember also that Whole Foods gives a 10% discount with the purchase of a full case (case of either of these is 4) and the best part is there is nothing in these that would inhibit fermentation. Fresh cider, ready for your next creation.

How did the cider turn out?. I just picked up 7 jugs for pretty cheap from whole foods, I think because its end of season so am going to ferment it sometime this week. Out of interest what kind of yeast did you use? I bought nottingham beer yeast but then decided to use champagne yeast instead because I was worried the alcohol would kill the beer yeast before I could prime it to carbonate. Any experience using either or both?

Nothing beats 5 gallons of apple juice from wal-mart for 12 bucks and a 5 gallon water jug for 4.

Latest posts

Back