• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

whole All grain set-up with kegs and kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Life change and Im getting out of brewing. I have an entire setup that i would like to sell as a whole.

2---7 gallon stainless steel pots with ball lock valves (mash tun has stainless plumbing tube) 180$
1---co2 regulator 50$
1---20lb co2 tank 110$
4---ale pails 10$
4---Corny kegs/ball lock 120$
1---stainless 4 gallon pot 10$
1---digital scale 20$
4---glass carboys 120$
1----Partially converted kegorator 70$
1----counter flow wort chiller 40$
1----auoto siphon 5$
1-----beer theif 2$
1----freezer for lagering(holds one carboy or three cornies) 60$
1----johnson controls temp control 30$
1----Burner (turkey fryer) 25$
1----grain mill Barley crusher malt mill with a seven pound hopper 100$
misc----hoses corny connections party taps airlocks 10$
1------Hydrometer
40lbs------eruo pils 1 months old 1$ a lb for all grain.
50lbs------aromatic
40lbs------2 row 1 month old
5lbs--------maze in 1lbs bags
1 lbs------rice
1lbs------black patent
1lbs-----dextrin
1lbs----chocalate malt
1lbs----oats
2lbs----6 row
3lbs----20l

I think that adds up to 1169$. I would be willing to sell the whole thing for 1000$. I think that this is an EXTREMLY fair price on an entire all grain set up and will NOT budge on it. I will piece it out after a few weeks if no one is interested in the whole set up.

Wanting to get retail prices for used/second-hand stuff????

Trying to sell this as a lot to a bunch of experienced brewers who already have some or most of this stuff????

Doesn't make much sense.

Not to pile on, but I suppose I will...

You are not going to get retail prices for used stuff. Especially when there is no labor involved. And the prices you have listed aren't even earth shattering for retail prices. I would say 80% of retail is the max you are going to get, and even then I don't think you would get it for that system. I advise parting it out and listing on CL if you want to try to get those prices.

Good luck and sorry you are leaving the hobby.

Hey All,

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Crushing a deal for somebody else is bad form.....send a PM if you think he is that jacked up.

Just my $.02

I wish y'all a Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm happy because I don't have to go back to SWA EVER again! 4 Thanksgiving Days of the past 6 over there was enough. 21 years and out.

Mike

I don't mean to crush a deal, but sale review is SOP here. If a deal is good or fair we all say so, if not we suggest what a fair price would be. My standard response is that if you want more money, go to CL and put it up for what you think you can get. Nothing wrong with that. The thing is a lot of new brewers come here and we try to direct them to good deals and steer them from bad deals.

No harm, no foul, and no hard feelings.

Absolutly none of it is retail priced. And for you "experienced" brewers you should know that. Sorry for listing and offending you "experienced" brewers.

I agree most of those listed item prices are like 80-100% of new prices, but there are a few deals in there, not many, just a few.

The kegging equipment are almost new prices so there's no deal there. Four 4 USED carboys for $120 is way over priced. My last 5 gal carboy purchase was for $6.00 each (24 of them). :rockin:

On full collection/gear purchases I list the catalog prices are (they are usually lower than at the LHBS) and divide by two for a maximum price...but that's just me...

It is not offensive, we are just giving you feedback. Like I said, ask whatever you want on CL. You can ask here, but you should expect feedback whether it is a good, bad, or fair deal.

And for reference:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_33_463&products_id=2318
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_131_574&products_id=10057
That is your pot retail for $79 a piece. Not to mention by shopping for more than 10 seconds I could beat that price by about $20. And that is brand new.

I could go down your whole list, but that would be offensive.

Just trying to sell my stuff guys didnt know I was going to have to argue about everything. Thought everything was pretty fair when I thought about what I paid then took money off leaving a discounted used product. Yes its USED. If anyone has any questions on anything or would like to offer something for the whole thing. Offer it and we will talk.

If you want to piece it out, I will buy the johnson controls temp control for 30$. How many gauges/valves on the regulator?

I don't mean to crush a deal, but sale review is SOP here. If a deal is good or fair we all say so, if not we suggest what a fair price would be. My standard response is that if you want more money, go to CL and put it up for what you think you can get. Nothing wrong with that. The thing is a lot of new brewers come here and we try to direct them to good deals and steer them from bad deals.

No harm, no foul, and no hard feelings.

Sir,

Yours was one of the nicer responses; others were just plain rude. I'm used to forum rules against negative comments on somebody's For Sale ads. If that is not against the rules here, so be it. I still believe though that a PM to the fella is still much more polite.

Mike

I told B_K that his all grain system was too expensive and he didn't hate me forever.... I think. I think the OP's prices are reasonable for each item but when you state want to keep it together as a full package, the standard expectation is a 20% discount or something like that. I don't mean any disrespect to tdavisii and he's certainly not doing anything shady.

I dont think I was being rude and as for OP , you state that the listed prices are "EXTREMELY" fair. Well sorry but I have to disagree, I guess most of us were trying to do you a favor so you could get a realistic outlook on your bulk sale. Most of the prices are retail equivalents and a few are even above , for example the kegs and regulator.

I'm sorry if I offended, but I see this alot on Craigslist. Folks want sell close to their original purchase price without consideration for what the items are now selling for. If I can get the item for the same price you are selling it for , and get it NEW from a reputable seller with possible warranty, then that's the route I'm going. There has to be incentive to buy used and that's where I believ prices should be 50 to 80% of currently going price (not what you originally paid). I'll shut up now.:)

I won't criticize pricing as that's not my place to do so. The market will tell you that by things selling or not. When B_K had his system up recently I told I thought he should give it a good cleaning, he told me nicely to shove off on that idea. In your case I would say add a bit more description to some of the items, like Grain mill - what kind? and so on.

I appreciate the clarifications.......The grain mill is a Barley crusher malt mill with a seven pound hopper

The regulator for my tank has One pressure gauge and one tank pressure gauge...One hose.

I thought about it and read Bobby_m post and yes some of you are probably correct with the thought of bulk price....I guess yeah i would prefer to sell the whole thing.....So Ill put the whole price at 1000$

Thanks to all who were respectful in their posts i truly appreciate it.

Senior Members. I appreciate all your input. I do not own one piece of brewing equipment besides a couple library books and a home brewers catalog. Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
Now I will PM you in response to the ad.

Back