Who wants to buy me a nice extract kit for christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, is this the new trend on HBT, shameless begging for ingredients? Dude, check the Pay it Forward thread when it starts, maybe you'll get lucky

You poor thing. You can't afford brewing ingredients. I feel so bad. Let me go grab that money I set aside to feed homeless children, you're in much worse shape. :rolleyes:

BYOI

kthxbye

EDIT: Did you know that just about every major city has a plasma donation center? They take your plasma x2 a week and give you about $30. I can make a LOT of beer for $30... just saying.

While I feel the pain for those who are truly in need.. If you are connected.. dump the smart phone.. or scale back on cable/satellite.. There's extra beer money.. Choices, choices, choices....

BYOI

kthxbye

EDIT: Did you know that just about every major city has a plasma donation center? They take your plasma x2 a week and give you about $30. I can make a LOT of beer for $30... just saying.

Then the plus side is you won't need as much beer to drink after donating.

I had to donate 2x a week when I first enlisted. I was 22 and had too much debt to make ends meet, but wasn't allowed to get a second job until finished with upgrade training. Nothing like putting in a 12 hr day out on the hot flightline in AZ just to get off work and drive across town to sit in a chair with a needle in your arm for an hour just to pay bills.

I'm lookin to pick up a 42 inch lcd on black friday for 200 bucks. Then i'll donate my 37 inch plasma.

I feel for you. I only have enough stuff on hand to brew four 5gal batches.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd fill a flat rate box full of 2 row and an once of hops for you.

I was gonna donate one of the 5 batches of ingrediwnts on hand too but he's looking for an extract kit.
509inc said:
I feel for you. I only have enough stuff on hand to brew four 5gal batches.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd fill a flat rate box full of 2 row and an once of hops for you.

I was gonna donate one of the 5 batches of ingredients on hand too but he's looking for an extract kit.

I missed that part. Extract is too expensive to just give away. He is SOL.

Occupy All-Grain!

Research BIAB and go buy the ingredients. Won't set you back much from my understanding.

My all grain batches have been just a hair over $20/batch at the LHBS.

Wow. I can't believe someone actually asked for a hand-out for brewing ingredients.

Even though I had to cut back on my "extra" stuff, yesterday I donated food to people in need.

*Shaking My Head*

E

Geez... did you guys really think he was serious? Time for a collective "lighten up Francis!"

:D

Lighten up? You mean lighten up more? This was a pretty lightened up thread. I doubt he wouldn't really accept a free extract kit though. Threw out a feeler to see how people would respond. Figured "hey, I could always say I was kidding".

Funny that you guys are from the same town and joined a month apart. So who called who to say "Dude, it didnt work, lets say it was a joke"? And and which one is stuffing the others turkey tomorrow?

Lol is right, you guys got me rolling over here. I even offered your buddy a bunch of stuff in the other thread. We're all down for a good laugh, and you guys gave us material for one. Even if your begging didn't quite work out for you. (actually, it did, since I offered you ingredients to make a beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back