Who uses a Stout Faucet for regular beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmckee56

Reaction score
I have one installed and waiting for my Imperial Stout to properly age, but by then I will have 3 or 4 other kegs ready to consume. So, I know if I remove the restrictor plate, I can use the faucet for regular beer, but I have never tried it yet.

Does it work that well? Do I need to pull the handle completely forward and down to pour beer using CO2 or just enough to get it flowing? Also will this faucet experience drying out similar to rear seating faucets and stick or is it like a Perlick Faucet?

Salute! :mug:

Yup, I do it all the time. Dont even need to take out the restictor plate, although I do. I think the stout faucets are just like forward sealing faucets. At least mine have never gotten stuck.

Yup, I do it all the time. Dont even need to take out the restictor plate, although I do. I think the stout faucets are just like forward sealing faucets. At least mine have never gotten stuck.

Cool..... I have an IPA I just kegged and it will be ready in seveeral days, so I will give the Stout faucet a shot. Thanks.

Salute! :mug:

Back