Who uses a pond pump to cool their beer lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanIanBoBian

Reaction score
Especially if their taps are on the floor above the kegerator. I have my kegerator in the basement, and my taps are about 8 ft above, in the kitchen. I ran a loop of 1/4 OD copper line, along with my beer lines, insulated in a bundle, inside 2 inch PVC. My problem is that I can't find a pond pump that will pump the water all the way up to the taps. I bought a $20 on and a $40, and i doesn't seem like the more expensive one is any better. So if anyone is using a pond pump in a similar application, what size pump did you get? Where did you get it, and how much was it? I'd like something that is small enough to not require a giant bucket of water in my fridge, if possible. Any help or input is appreciated. I'm sick of foamy first pours, and I've only had my taps for 2 days!!!

Its gonna take more than a $40 pump to clear 8 feet of head. I can't tell you much more than that, but I spent $60 on a pump just to clear 5 feet head and still have enough flow rate.

Latest posts

Back