Who is brewing on the MLK holiday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why.

:off: Why can't I say fried chicken or watermelon in front of a black guy and not be expected to feel guilty? Happens to be good tasting foods that I eat often - I should hide it or be ashamed? Everyone has to make a pilsner monday to be politically correct? :off:

It's a good question. If the comment is in earnest and just in passing.

I was just saying that if the OP was making a JOKE starting a thread about eating fried chicken while brewing a watermelon schwarzbier, that might be in poor taste.

But maybe not.

Who am I to say?

I brewed a Foreign Extra Stout on Saturday and a Dunkelweizen Monday. Also built a fermentation chamber with a minifridge and Love TSS2-2100 to hold 4 fermenters. Great weekend!

EDIT: I just went back and read the last 2 pages of the thread. Just to clear the air...my dark brews have nothing to do with the fact that it was MLK weekend. I just like to drink dark beer in front of my wood stove during the long, cold, winter months in Central NY.

brewed the maibock. used hallertau instead of hersbrucker. used WLP833 german bock instead of wyeast hella bock :(

ended up a bit darker than i would have liked, probably from the 0.5lb of melanoidin. we'll see how it ferments....in a few months! arg.

Brewed up a summer wheat ale with sorachi ace, amarillo and a little sweet orange peel. It turned out a little dark, perhaps from high evaporation rate in boiling at freezing temps? Cool down in the snow was fast though.

How about this year? 2011?

I was going to whip up a Murphy's Irish Stout clone for St. Patty's but the wife wants us to all go bowling sometime today.

ROFL @ this poor thread being dragged through the mud

I brewed three times last weekend and two times this weekend that just ended! Ahhhhh pipeline, you have been reestablished! Now I only have a Mead left to make (then Graff is next) and I need more fermenters!

Brewed Midwest AG kits:
Trappist
Winter Ale
Belgian IPA (Saison)
Irish Red (LOVE IT OMG)
Rich German Bock

I think it's time to establish my own hop and grain collection.... where will I put it all!

I have to WORK today but I thought about not going in and jus staying home drinking and brew a smoked dark Lager.Let it sit around idle for at least 6 months just sitting doing nothing but bubbling.Anyone pay me to take tommorow off?

I was working today, but the school called and said my younger one is SICK! DARN!

So I'm about ready to measure water for the mash... Blue Moon clone, coming up! (Yeah, I know it's not in season, but who cares!)

I brewed 5 gallons of a Citra Sorachi IPA. Chilled it down with my 30 plate chiller in around 20 minutes (gravity, no pump).

Finished brewing a couple of hours ago, for lack of a better term it's a sort of "imperial" baltic porter. Time will tell if it's any good(a lot of time).

I'm late boil right now on a rather excessive Belgian IPA.

It's -1 degrees outside. Propane and Bayou Classic are outside. You cannot imagine how long it took that to get to a full boil.

That said, the ice forming along the underside of the eaves smells delicious.

I decided last minute to brew over the MLK holiday. I smacked the yeast packet on Sunday night and Monday I'll pitch it to my new batch of Dunkelweizen, sans yeast starter... I like to live on the edge!

Holiday? What??? Normal people had to work. It is Monday after all.......

racist! (kidding!!)

we've had MLK day off the past 2-3 years. donno why they changed it.

I don't like it because we've just had like 2 weeks off for NYE/Christmas, and now we don't have a day off until May 30 for memorial day.

Back