Who has experience with commercial draft systems? I got a job offer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmex41

Reaction score
One of the distributors here in Vancouver, wa has an opening for draft line techs. One of the reps was servicing an account while my step dad, who is a plumber, was doing the plumbing prep work. The rep told my step dad they need more techs and suggested I apply.

I only have a single keg cobra tap setup, but I want the job. Anyone with any experience who can give me advise? Resources to check out for servicing accounts, setting up beer gardens, etc. He said being a home brewer with a keg setup was a plus and they would train me, but I want some more knowledge before I apply.

This is a great resource. It should get you enough knowledge to get in the door, I assume it is an entry level position. Most people aren't going to put themselves through draft line training for fun.

http://www.draughtquality.org/

Apparently they train their employees, but I want as much information beforehand as I can get. Even if I don't get the job, I'm sure my draft beer at home will get better. Thanks for the link.

You should see if this distributor has a culture of promoting from withing the company. If you are a motivated hard worker this could be a great opportunity, otherwise it might be a foot in the door to a dead end job. If you interview ask everyone you have contact with what there first job at the company was.

You should see if this distributor has a culture of promoting from withing the company. If you are a motivated hard worker this could be a great opportunity, otherwise it might be a foot in the door to a dead end job. If you interview ask everyone you have contact with what there first job at the company was.

True. But I have a dead end job now and this one would pay about a buck fifty more an hour. I'll look into that.

Back