Who else is brewing tonight?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiptasia

Reaction score
I know it's odd to be brewing on a Thursday night, but I missed my brew opportunity this past weekend due to New Years party prep and I have a bottling session on Sunday. So, while the SWMBO is off at Girl Scouts with kid #1 and kid #2 already asleep, i'm whipping up some more of my Bloody Mary Rye IPA.

:mug:

Anyone else crazy like me and brewing on Thursday night?

Just finished up. Has to go back to work on Monday so I'm getting in as much as I can. SWMBO mentioned maybe brewing one more time this week.

I've never let the day of the week determine when I brewed...just sayin'.

I've been doing indoor stovetop BIAB batches lately which is a lot less work then lugging out all the all grain equipment from the basement and garage so I've been brewing whenever as well. I was thinking about the oatmeal stout I have laying around but realized I didn't have the bakers chocolate so I'll hold off.

Happy brewing!

..... and done. Did a nice long BIAB mash. Six gallons of Rye IPA in the fermenter being feasted on by both Notty & S04. Target OG? Nailed it at 1.061 thanks to the 75 minute mash and a double grind on the grain bill. Four hops additions (Chinook, Falconer's Flight, Bramling Cross) of three great hops blended together. Teaspoon of yeast nutes and 20 seconds of pure O2 after pitching at 80*f.

Just finished getting my Oktoberfest Lager and Canadian Blonde going. I tend to wait until the weekend, but just wanted to get these 2 going as I knew I had bottles available for them.

when i was an extract brewer i used to brew mid week at night after the wife and kids went to sleep.. since i went AG, the extra time needed forces me to brew on the weekend. I do like to do the misc brew tasks during the week.. cleaning kegs, racking, dry hopping, starters etc..

have fun man!

Back