Who Else Is Brewing Today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Late start for me as I like to Mash in by 1000 Hrs, but ah well. Brewing an Oatmeal Stout today. I have the Oats in the oven right now at 300 degrees, and they smell OH SO Damned GOOOODAH!!!:rockin:

Who else is Brewing this weekend?

I'm doing an Oatmeal stout too!

It's the O'flannigan's recipe with the 1lb flaked barley subbed with 1.5 lbs flaked oats. It's mashing right now, smells fantastic. Another 20 minutes and I start collecting runnings. WOOO!!!

Not brewing myself, but I drank beers with iamjonsharp for a few hours this morning while he brewed. He was making a tripel and a sweetish stout...the stout smelled amazing.

Me Me Me Me!!!!

I'm trying out an amber ale recipe that I'm hoping will be my "haus bier."

I tried something new today based on something I read here. I took my hops pellets, and put them in a bowl and "rehydrated" them with some of the wort while I was waiting for it to get to boil temp...When I dumped the hopgunk in there was no boilover and there's almost no hopscum on the top of the kettle. I'm curious to see how much will be there when I strain.

Happy brew day!

:mug:

watching my blonde ale boil as i type. mostly 2-row with some wheat and 10L to punch up the flavor a bit. flavoring with saaz and the dregs of other noble hops that have been in my freezer for too long. it should be in the bucket by 2pm MST. meanwhile i'm sitting here plotting and scheming future brews in brewsmith and reading for inspiration.

Racked a porter from primary to secondary yesterday, which is the only activity for me this weekend . . . other than putting together an order for later in the month (Irish Ale and Wee Heavy).

Rick

RLinNH said:
Late start for me as I like to Mash in by 1000 Hrs, but ah well. Brewing an Oatmeal Stout today. I have the Oats in the oven right now at 300 degrees, and they smell OH SO Damned GOOOODAH!!!:rockin:

Who else is Brewing this weekend?
Just got done two brews. Long day doing to large partial mashes. They are almost all grain as I'm using around 7 1/2 lbs of grain and only around 2 1/2 lbs DME.

Pre-pro Cream Ale
Boh pils.

Everything went well with the Amber Ale. The only stupid thing I did was keep knocking my thermometer into the brewpot while I was cooling it. But that's why keep a bucket of sanitzer nearby.

Rehydrating the hops was interesting...I wonder if it really makes a difference though...

but I'm tired now....

Except I gotta clean up now....

My mash is going right now. Late start for me - didn't get everthing ready until late today.

Finished up 10 gal of Ed's haus pale ale a couple hours ago, such a beutiful day to brew

Latest posts

Back