Who else is brewing right now...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patthebrewer

Reaction score
Had my equipment sanitized and prepped up yesterday for my BIL to come over and brew up his beer, but he was sick(like so many others now) and couldn't make it. So I figured it'd be ashame to put it all away after getting ready. So I decided to do my house APA, with a twist...It's an everthing but the kitchen sink pale ale...using up my leftover hops from 2012. Magnum , Perle, Cluster, Cascade, and Saaz. What the heck right:D??Might as well use it.

Mashing right Now. Anyone else Brewing:mug:??

Half way through through the boil of a Milk Stout right now.

This is for my nitro tap..........

Have to always have a good stout for it.

20 minutes left to boil for me....madien voyage of the new brew kettle going well. Bought this grain from my local HBS.....I had a coupon and figued what the heck....told them to crush it. Seems lately everytime I ask buy grain from them and they crush...my efficiency sucks, oh well it was half price.

yup it's official it sucked...my efficiency was 59.61%..... oh well grain only cost me 6 bucks. At least I have learned efficiency isn't everything;)

5g Cherry Wheat and just finishing up Chocolate Covered BEVR Nuts.

Weather broke, low 40's fer the next couple days sooooo.... Fixin' to brew my first Milk Stout (all grain), borryed from Brew Magazine.... cooked up a 1200ml starter but, upon reading further in the die-rections, finds ah need a 2 Liter starter. sooooo, will commence muh first "step up" starter and go for broke....which is generally whar ah bee am anywho's.

Will, mayhaps, keep ya'll posted. Mean while, ah's enjoyin' the near last of me pumpkin ale....

cheers to all,
Mike "Numbers" Lewis,
of good ol' Wyomin'
:)

Started a 2 gallon peanutbutter and chocolate stout as an experiment. Pitched a dry yeast and I guess we will see how the first experiment goes.

Started a 2 gallon peanutbutter and chocolate stout as an experiment. Pitched a dry yeast and I guess we will see how the first experiment goes.

I had a peanut butter and jelly beer at alocal craftbrewer (Carton) in nj, it was fantastic..not what I expected at all:D

I just finished a 5 gallon batch of BVIP and a 5 gallon batch of brown from the second runnings. Efficiency sucked, so I ended up making up the diff with some DME. Took two pounds to get where it was supposed to be. Don't know yet if it's the new mashtun or the new crusher at our LHBS. Either way, there's a bunch o beer in the ferm chamber now.

Back