White labs english cider yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klowneyy

Reaction score
I am making a 3 gallon batch of cider with white labs English cider yeast. I was wondering if anyone has ever used it and what were their thoughts on it or reviews?

I just finished a 5 gal batch with it and it has been aging for 3 months now. I found that it tasted a bit more sour and dry than the ale yeasts that I've used. It also seemed to have some fruity characteristics to it. It had a nice crisp flavor and finished with an aftertaste that I couldn't quite put my finger on. The aftertaste was not bad just different... That's my thoughts. Anyone else find any of these characteristics?

I am making a 3 gallon batch of cider with white labs English cider yeast. I was wondering if anyone has ever used it and what were their thoughts on it or reviews?
Nope, you are the very first person to ever use it. :D

Seriously though, I used it early on, and ended up with a product that was very dry, and seemed bitter to me. I would have to attribute this to the yeast, as I have used the same juice with other yeasts (Nottingham and Safale S-04) and I have ended up with a product much more to my liking.

Its my yeast of choice. I have also tried sweet mead, dry mead/champain and S04/nottingham. Of all my brews, I have had good luck with it so I'm sticking with it.

Back