White elephant / Yankee Swap Gift Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a yankee swap to go to this evening and need a good gag gift to bring. I currently am out of good ideas, and need to top my last 2 years gifts.

Year before Last, I brought a really nice silver picture frame and then put a signed 8X10 picture of myself in there, signed - Hugs and Kisses ~Don

Last year I brought all 6 flavors of kraft ez-cheese (spray cheese in a can) and a box of ritz crackers.

I need something funny for tonight, and any neat ideas would be appreciated...

The biggest can of plain M&Ms you can find. The bigger, the better. :D

But seriously, what kind of group, demographically? I work with a bunch of other code-monkeys, so we always have something computer related.

One of my favorite gifts was when I had kids, and I "won" an awesome Barney lunch box, complete with bologna sandwich, a bag of chips and some carrot sticks. I gave the lunch box to my kids for a crayon box and they used it for years.

I usually pack up homemade wine and beer and hand harvested wild rice and that's a big favorite. Is this an event where you can't bring homebrew?

One of my favorite gifts was when I had kids, and I "won" an awesome Barney lunch box, complete with bologna sandwich, a bag of chips and some carrot sticks. I gave the lunch box to my kids for a crayon box and they used it for years.

I usually pack up homemade wine and beer and hand harvested wild rice and that's a big favorite. Is this an event where you can't bring homebrew?

That's a great idea, oh wait, my family and friends suck and don't drink. Maybe OP's are better

I can't help you. I used to think of great gag gifts, but my wife has shot them all down so bad that now I'm gun shy. Those other suggestions are great!

Wow, lunch box is a great idea, I just wonder where I can get one of those on short notice.

Duct tape... everybody loves duct tape.

Either that or a 5 gallon jug of ketchup from CostCo

How about chewing tobacco?... the real stuff that's shredded (who does that anymore?)... something obscure like "Mail Pouch". Maybe they make a gift pack.

We had a Christmas party Sunday with White Elephant and I gave away an old VHS of Master P's Da Last Don ..

A jar of this will get some laughs.

buttrub_log_10yrs.gif

This year I gave away a pumpkin thats been sitting in my living room since the beginning of October. It wasn't nasty and rotten yet so I decided to gift it. Packed in a AHS box with all those packing peanuts so it wouldn't roll around. It was a pretty big hit.

Get some tootsie rolls, or moist fudge.
Roll them in your hands to make them warm and pliable.
shape them into the shape of a morning "movement" (corn optional)
Get a diaper, adult of child's depending on age demographics.
Place your prize in the center, and place the diaper in a gift bag.

when the lucky recipient opens the bag, say "the real treat is inside"
When they open the diaper, reach in, grab the "item" and chomp it down real quick.
Bonus points if you can time a fart to smell at the time they open the bag.

Depending on your relationship with the people, high 5's or shunning will ensue :)

Latest posts

Back