Whirlwind tour of England

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menschmaschine

Reaction score
Recently got back from a trip to the UK. SWMBO has lots of family there and we drove all over to see everyone. We packed a lot into one week. We flew into Gatwick, rented a car, and drove to Stonehenge, Bath, Box, Leicester, Rushbury (near Shrewsbury), Chester, Liverpool, and Brighton. We stayed out of London as we've seen it before and with the congestion charge, it wasn't really worth it this time. The highlight of the trip for me, of course, was the pubs and real ales. I had many fine ales that were just delicious. I was able to bring back a bottle of Innus and Gunn, though I've not tried it yet.

We lucked out and stumbled upon something wonderful in Brighton. We were sitting in a pub and SWMBO picked up a random pamphlet for something to read. It had dates for one of CAMRAs Beer and Cider festival for the next day! It was being held in Hove right near our hotel. Needless to say we went. The beer was wonderful and we got to try perry for the first time. It was fantastic to be around so many beer enthusiasts. Here are a few pictures:

Stonehenge:
StonehengeVI.jpg

Peter Gabriel's Real World Studio in Box:
BoxV.jpg

CAMRA's Beer and Cider Festival in Hove (Brighton):
BrightonBeerCiderFestival.jpg

I didn't find any Hobgoblin on draught, but I bought a bottle from Tesco's. It was delicious. I've only had it once in the States, but still thought it tasted better on your side. Some of the Bath Ales were excellent too. I liked Gem a lot. I also tried a few real ale Milds. Never had a Mild before (that I know of). Very unusual flavor compared to bitters. A must-try for the beer geek:cross:

Latest posts

Back