Which Regulator for Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphyslaw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm buying a 2 keg kit from kegconnection.com. In the future I'll probably add a third keg, but I doubt I would ever go beyond that. I want to be able to hold two different pressures. What are the differences between Dual Gauge, Dual Body and a Taprite?

My guess is that a dual gauge doesn't have dual outputs, so I need the Dual Body Regulator? The taprite seems more expensive, but looks like it only does one.

Dual Gauge just means you have a gauge to display the tank and keg pressures. Dual body (which are typically triple gauged) means that you can be running two different keg pressures at the same time - which is what you need.

Taprite is just a brand of regulator, and it's kegconnections higher end product. I can't speak for reliability, but one of the nice features is that you can adjust pressure by hand, rather than having to use a screwdriver like on their low end regulator (chudnow brand, maybe?) Kegconnection does offer a dual body Taprite.

Back