Which one is the homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peruvian802

Reaction score
50-50 chance.

One is Lagunitas Little Sumpin Extra and one is a HB DIPA.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404682410.918824.jpg

I don't know Lagunitas extra. But since everybody has said left (even though it looks like it's the HB) i'd say right, especially if it's from bottles, and not force carbed in keg.

In the left I see only round "debris"/ bubbles. In the right i see some flat ones, which can't be gas, my guess is that I'm beeing fooled, or the flat ones are grain/hop matter. The head on the right seems less dense, hence my thought on this being from HB-bottle. A pic taken slightly more to the left would have put both beers aligned more evenly towards the sun.

Unless Little Sumpin is unfiltered (which I don't think it is), then definitely left is the homebrew (though i agree with the above that it's possible that the angle may be making one look hazier than the other)

The beer on the right is the home-brew. Just because Lagunitas is a "pro brew" does not mean it is automatically the clearer beer. Little Sumptin' may be filtered but it is still a wheat ale. Also, LS is known to sometimes contain "floaties".

What's your secret to clear brew like that

Sent from my SM-N900T using Home Brew mobile app

That's not even all that clear! Kegging made my beers clearer since they are force carbed. Also, the beer clears over time, like cold crashing.

If you are bottling, leave them in the fridge for at least a week before opening and then pour carefully. The second pour will probably be hazier than the first.

Good hot and cold break, cold crash and add a fining-agent and let it sit before your pour, and you'd be able to see straight through that fine little glass of beer :)

Clarity is nothing magical, it's easy to get a pretty perfectly clear beer. The hard part is getting it just as hazy as you want it to be :)

Back