Which mini fridge for kegerator conversion?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

jbwebst

Reaction score
A quick search here turn up several older posts and it seems like the 4.4 cu. f.t Danby (DAR440BL) seems pretty popular. I was wondering if there are other makes/models that you guys are using that can be had for a bit cheaper, say $130-$150, and still hold two 5 gallon ball lock kegs & 5lb CO2 tank?

Thanks,

-Joe

Adeering

Reaction score
Any 4.4 cu ft or bigger fridge should be able to fit two cornies and CO2 tank. Im using a Sunbeam BC-130D wine/beverage cooler, had to do some small modification, but was able to fit two pin locks in there. So if you want cheap, look on craigslist for used ones. I got the sunbeam and a magic chef, both 4.4 cu ft for $50 for both. So there are good deals out there.

Alucard1983

Reaction score
I'm workin on a Danby dar483bls.. Little different cause of the lines but I'll get it done waiting in tower and taps to finish it

Eric_Leifermann

Reaction score
I used the 5.0 cb/ft Avanti fridge. If you watch buy.com it goes on sale for lots of different prices. I got it for 160 with free shipping about 1.5 years ago. Its really nice and huge.

kikendra

Reaction score
I'm workin on a Danby dar483bls.. Little different cause of the lines but I'll get it done waiting in tower and taps to finish it
Hi,
Need help, I have one of these and want to punch a hole on top.
Did you figure out the best spot for the hole.
There is computer module at the back, some space and a then
the lighting unit.
Your advise will be appreciated,
thanks,
Kikendra

lorne17

Reaction score
I used the 5.0 cb/ft Avanti fridge. If you watch buy.com it goes on sale for lots of different prices. I got it for 160 with free shipping about 1.5 years ago. Its really nice and huge.
Can you fit three corny kegs in there?

mrpiggy

Reaction score
I have a DAR483BML. I'd love to know about your experience with your own DAR483.

Latest posts