which ingredient to experiment with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLem

Reaction score
Last night I racked a dark wheat wine on top of some cacao nibs to age for a couple of months before bottling. I had some left over so I racked that into a gallon glass jug (without the cacao nibs). I want to add something different to this small batch, but am not sure what. I've done this sort of thing in the past when I've had some leftover racking to secondary - both times adding some dregs of a sour beer. I could do that again, but was thinking I would see if anyone here had some ideas about what would be fun to try here instead.

to give you an idea of the recipe:
OG: 1.084
FG: 1.012
ABV: 9.8%
SRM: 24
IBUs: 63

Grist (approximate):
40% UK Pale Malt
33% Wheat Malt
8% Munich malt
3% Carawheat
3% Chocolate Wheat%
3% Flaked Wheat
10% Dememera Sugar

Hops:
Magnum (60 min)
Hallertau (20 min)
Saaz (10 min)

Any thoughts about what to try?

I don't even know what a "dark wheat wine" is!? Wish I could help, it sounds like you are doing some interesting stuff.

I don't even know what a "dark wheat wine" is!? Wish I could help, it sounds like you are doing some interesting stuff.

Basically a high gravity wheat beer - like a barley wine, but with a high percentage of wheat. This one happens to be dark.

Back