which homebrewing supply sites offer a recipe builder? (incremental malt amounts)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twd000

Reaction score
I need to place an order soon, and my LHBS is closed. Need to order online but I have lost track of all the new websites on the block, and which ones are backlogged or operating.

I checked a couple and they only offer 1 lb, 5 lb, 10 lb, or 55 lb increments. I'm looking for an option to type my recipe in (decimal pounds) and have them double-mill it and package the whole recipe in one bag.

I don't store bulk malts and I don't have a grain mill, so I'm looking for a similar service to what I had locally

Ritebrew.com is what I use. Any increment down to an ounce.

homebrewing.org is the same

I need to place an order soon, and my LHBS is closed. Need to order online but I have lost track of all the new websites on the block, and which ones are backlogged or operating.

I checked a couple and they only offer 1 lb, 5 lb, 10 lb, or 55 lb increments. I'm looking for an option to type my recipe in (decimal pounds) and have them double-mill it and package the whole recipe in one bag.

I don't store bulk malts and I don't have a grain mill, so I'm looking for a similar service to what I had locally
Atlantic Brew Supply in Raleigh, NC weighs grains to the decimal and I’m pretty sure you can specify the crush as well as how it’s packaged. You can’t hardly beat their grain prices even if it’s not a bulk order. I use them quite a bit. They offer a flat rate shipping of $8 on orders over $25 and free after $125. I ordered from them over the weekend and it shipped Monday and I should have it tomorrow or Monday... I’m in Colorado.

Atlantic Brew Supply in Raleigh, NC weighs grains to the decimal and I’m pretty sure you can specify the crush as well as how it’s packaged. You can’t hardly beat their grain prices even if it’s not a bulk order. I use them quite a bit. They offer a flat rate shipping of $8 on orders over $25 and free after $125. I ordered from them over the weekend and it shipped Monday and I should have it tomorrow or Monday... I’m in Colorado.
I recently placed an order with Atlantic and they picked it fairly quickly, but it sat in their store for three days before ups picked it up. They have a good selection and good prices.

I recently placed an order with Atlantic and they picked it fairly quickly, but it sat in their store for three days before ups picked it up. They have a good selection and good prices.
Something else I wish I’d known sooner is a promotional code they have for checkout. 2 actually... NoBS for first time orders and BREWFILES for others for a 15% discount

brewhardware.com recently added this. Can't say enough good things about Bobby and the rest of the crew there. Looking forward to when walk-in is part of our world again.

Austin Homebrew allows decimal pound orders, and they'll even mix it all in a single bag. Makes it easy to just dump everything in at dough-in (no weighing).
... if you trust the person on the other end running the scale. I always keep my grains separated and re-weigh them when I get my order. I’ve had more than once when I entered .5 (1/2 pound) and received 5 oz instead. Depending on the type of grain, 3 oz could make a noticeable difference. If they were mixed I’d have never known I guess.

... if you trust the person on the other end running the scale.
Yeah, I thought about that. I guess it's a risk-reward thing. If you want to be sure, you'd have to order individually and reweigh yourself. Or, if you want to roll the dice, RDWHAHB. You'll still end up with beer. Although, if it's a "happy little accident" (to quote Bob Ross), you'll never know how to recreate it!

Something else I wish I’d known sooner is a promotional code they have for checkout. 2 actually... NoBS for first time orders and BREWFILES for others for a 15% discount

I tried to use that promo code last week and they are not accepting it. Not sure why their adverts are still promoting it. :(

1DAA7961-D736-4F8B-B737-708C4D0347EE.jpeg

Latest posts

Back