Where's the definitive guide to Kegging???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htims05

Reaction score
So I brewed my first batch...I think I want to go straight to kegging. Bottling is a pain - maybe kegging is too, dunno.

But is there a newbie's guide to kegging somewhere?

Yep been googling and watching youtube for a few days its it's six of one, half a dozen of the other however, so I was wanting to hear from the experts - I was surprised not to see a sticky in this forum.

There actually used to be a sticky thread on kegging, no idea what happened to it.
But it was a really old thread and a lot of the links were dead so it might have been de-stickied...

Cheers!

IMHO the best source of information is this forum. That's how I made the switch from bottling to kegging. What is your concern at present? If you preface your posts with a statement that you have not yet begun kegging, the members maaaay be a bit more gentle with you.

Thanks - I'm not worried about anyone being gentle with me, it's the internet, I'm not going to get all twisted up over something like that.

My concern right now is looking at doing this DIY style is the way to go - cost wise. Trying to find some Ball Lock kegs that aren't $100 a pop or cost that much to ship...and then the next biggest thing is which "dorm room" fridge do I use. I looked at what my local Lowe's had and they all have that hump in the back wall so you can't fit the equip in there.

when I made the switch I was liking for a ferm chamber that would host 2 fermenters for larger batches, and I had my old 5cf chest freezer to convert to a keezer.

Back