Where to store CO2 Tank??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
I am new to kegging and I am currently storing my 5#CO2 tank in my Keezer. The temp is about 42*, does this make any difference in the ability (length of time) to carb your beer?? Does storing the tank in the keezer have any negative impacts (outside of the loss of space)?

If I remember right your beer will absorb the co2 better in a cold environment. I used to always carb mine in my old kreezer.

* the pressure on your co2 tank is going to drop a lot once it gets cold, you will still have the same amount of co2 just at a lower pressure mine was usually in the red on the regulator even though the tank would be full.

You can store it outside or inside, it doesn't matter. Once the keg is filled there won't be enough flow of CO2 to affect the temperature. It will reach keezer temps as it is drawn in slowly by the absorption into the beer.

My kegerator is small and I can fit my tank in there with two kegs, but I'd rather have it outside. There was a thread showing a Through-Wall device that allows the tank to rest outside and supply gas to the kegs inside. Just got to find that thread again.

What they both said. As for storage, here's how I did mine:

Kegerator_CO2.jpg

CO2_Tank.jpg

Austin Homebrew sells a bulkhead fitting for gas lines that does the same thing as ^^^^.

That's pretty much the setup I want to have for my kegerator.

Back