Where to go for a beer in the Seattle area?!?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

superfluent

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
2
I'll be visiting the Seattle area a couple of times this winter/spring and I'd like suggestions on where to go for after work/debrief/chill sessions.

I'll be travelling with people from the company that contracted me and lucklilly for me they are extraoridinarily knowledgable when it comes to beer -they actually have pro grade brewery in the office (!), and they are the ones that inspired me to start homebrewing myself.

So, last trip we stayed in Bellevue and I took them to the "tap house". 160+ beers on tap sure is impressive, but where else to go? Any small, high quality brewery or brewpub that you can recommend?

H
 

McKBrew

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
8,186
Reaction score
42
Location
Hayden
Here are a few.

Elysian Brewing
Pike BrewingStix Pizza and Brewing
Brouwer's
Rogue in Issaquah

I'd recommend getting in touch with Brewtopia on this forum, he lives in downtown Seattle and would be able to point you in the right direction as well. I've been to 4 of the 5 places on the list and they all make great beer.

Let me know when you make it over, and maybe you, I, and Brewtopia can all get together and down a few.
 
OP
S

superfluent

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
2
McKBrew said:
Here are a few.

Elysian Brewing
Pike BrewingStix Pizza and Brewing
Brouwer's
Rogue in Issaquah

I'd recommend getting in touch with Brewtopia on this forum, he lives in downtown Seattle and would be able to point you in the right direction as well. I've been to 4 of the 5 places on the list and they all make great beer.
Ah, rouge seems like a given -Issaquah is where we're going to spend most of the time.

McKBrew said:
Let me know when you make it over, and maybe you, I, and Brewtopia can all get together and down a few.
I will. These trips are with real short notice, but the posibility of downing a few with the locals are allways nice. I'll bring a couple of Swedish microbrews...

H
 

kevinrmclean

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
Brunswick, GA
I went to Hale's Ale this past summer. Great beer, brewed on premisis and the food was really good. Definitly recommend it. I had a double dry hopped IPA there. So bitter it caved in my skull.:cross:


Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin


Tidewater Brewing
 

chione

Banned
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
121
Reaction score
3
Location
west
A must, the Jolly Roger Tap room (Maritime Brewing) which is just down the street from Hales which as good dinner. Both of these are in Ballard. Also try and hit Big Time Brewing near the UW. Or if you north a bit Diamond Knot is super cool, you cook your own food on a 700*(F) rock! plus their IPA will kick you in the ass
 

krispy d

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
609
Reaction score
5
Location
Old Saybrook CT
where are you gonna be staying and what is the itinerary? I grew up about an hour (forty-five minutes) north and have a mile long list of small brew pubs that do it right! but they are all north of the city.
 

BeerNWStyle

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Issaquah, WA
Wherever you end up may I suggest trying a Mac and Jack's African Amber. One of my all time favorites, and only available in this bars and restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
 
OP
S

superfluent

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
2
BeerNWStyle said:
Wherever you end up may I suggest trying a Mac and Jack's African Amber. One of my all time favorites, and only available in this bars and restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
Ah, funny you should mention that. Last visit the first beer I ordered was actually a Mac and Jack African Amber (I allways ask for something local and since I happened to be in Redmond that's what they came up with). I have to agree it's a good beer (I've actually searched for a M&J AA AG recepie).

H
 

rabidgerbil

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
40
Location
Seattle
Henrik said:
Ah, funny you should mention that. Last visit the first beer I ordered was actually a Mac and Jack African Amber (I allways ask for something local and since I happened to be in Redmond that's what they came up with). I have to agree it's a good beer (I've actually searched for a M&J AA AG recepie).

H
BYO has published a recipe for this... I know for certain that it was in their "150 clone brews" special edition.
 

BeerNWStyle

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Issaquah, WA
Henrik said:
Ah, funny you should mention that. Last visit the first beer I ordered was actually a Mac and Jack African Amber (I allways ask for something local and since I happened to be in Redmond that's what they came up with). I have to agree it's a good beer (I've actually searched for a M&J AA AG recepie).

H
Nice! I'd check out the Issaquah Brewery then, I was there a couple days ago and they have a lot of good beer to choose from.
 
OP
S

superfluent

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
2
BeerNWStyle said:
Nice! I'd check out the Issaquah Brewery then, I was there a couple days ago and they have a lot of good beer to choose from.
Did I mention Issaquah is where the customer is? :p

H
 

Guardian42

Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
Another great place in Seattle for a great dinner and brews, is the Pyramid Alehouse. It is located just across from Safeco field, and I have always enjoyed the food, service and especially the beer. The prices are quite reasonable also. Cheers.
 
Top