where to get Honey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDuckbutter

Reaction score
Can anyone make constructive suggestions as to the best places (notice the "s") to get reasonably priced honey by the 10+#'s...
I live in Raleigh, NC, i assume there might be a vendor at the Farmers Market..

i met a guy who sells honey, but does not "normally" sell it in 10-12# increments...
it is a shame..

If you are looking for local, try 2 places to find the name of local honey producers. Start with your Local Farm Bureau Office. They will know who produces honey in the county. (Does N.C. have counties?)

Also try your local USDA service center. They will have a list as well. Both will be listed in the phone book, and will be more than happy to help!

costco's honey is less than $1.50 a pound.

cannot verify if its local, orgainic, made with puppy dog tails, etc.

It is clover honey, according to the bottle.

costco's honey is less than $1.50 a pound.

cannot verify if its local, orgainic, made with puppy dog tails, etc.

It is clover honey, according to the bottle.

This has worked well for me and it comes in 6 pound packages.

I get my honey from the crockett honey distributer down the street. You can buy it from distributors in 5 gal buckets. I would try and find a honey distributor in your area. All the medium to large scale honey producers will have a central collection and distributing point. Find that point and you find cheap honey at a very high quality.

If you don't have one, the costco honey is really good too.

well it's a bit more pricey..but I get mine from ebeehoney.com they carry pure, raw honey and many flavors: Buckwheat, wildflower, bamboo, clover, goldenrod, locust, orange blossom and more.

I love their honey's and here in the midwest, shipping isn't too bad.

Dan

the place local to me is glorybee foods. They have a big selection of local honey. Except the price is about triple of what I found at costo.

One plus is that the local honey will contain all the local allergens to the area. The thought is that the low amount in honey will cause a loss of sensitivity to them. Good for people with allergies.

Back