Where to get good beer in Sacamento??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if i remember correctly there is a brewpub in old town. and possibly roseville. your about hour 30 min from san fran as well so there's that option as well.

if i remember correctly there is a brewpub in old town. and possibly roseville. your about hour 30 min from san fran as well so there's that option as well.

If you're going to drive 1.5 hours, just come up to Sierra Nevada and I'll buy you a pint or 5! Actually, Sacto has some great places, my favorite is probably the Sacramento Brewing Co.. Good food, good beer, nice wait staff :D. I really like their latest IPA, and the Scotch Ale isn't bad either. Never been to the Pyramid Ale House in Sac, but I have been to the one in Berkeley and I wouldn't bother. I imagine the menu and beer is the same in both places (forgettable).

Rubicon is another place that has fantastic beer and good brew pub eats. If you stop in be sure to try their IPA as well. Seriously though...if you're willing to make the drive up shoot me a PM and maybe I can arrange a personal tour of the SN pilot brewery.

EDIT: Link to Rubicon: http://www.rubiconbrewing.com/.

If you're going to drive 1.5 hours, just come up to Sierra Nevada and I'll buy you a pint or 5! Actually, Sacto has some great places, my favorite is probably the Sacramento Brewing Co.. Good food, good beer, nice wait staff :D. I really like their latest IPA, and the Scotch Ale isn't bad either. Never been to the Pyramid Ale House in Sac, but I have been to the one in Berkeley and I wouldn't bother. I imagine the menu and beer is the same in both places (forgettable).

Rubicon is another place that has fantastic beer and good brew pub eats. If you stop in be sure to try their IPA as well. Seriously though...if you're willing to make the drive up shoot me a PM and maybe I can arrange a personal tour of the SN pilot brewery.

EDIT: Link to Rubicon: "Sacramento Brewing Midtown Sac's Fav" Rubicon Brewing Company "Midtown Sac's Fav Sacramento Brewing".

its been a while since i went drinking in sac town so wasnt sure what all was around anymore. and to be honest dont remember the places names. 13 years is a long time to be away from home. also IIRC there is a brew pub in Davis as well isnt there?

Right on! BTW, Thursday is a great night to go. They'll usually have something special on tap. Sometimes it's a cask version of one of their regular beers, sometimes a keg of something not in season, etc. And every once in a while, Ken Grossman will come down to the kitchen and cook up sushi. It's a good time...and dammit I'm buyin you a beer! :mug:

Check out The Beer Mapping Project
I just visited my parents in Auburn. The ale house was ok, they had a pretty good nitro stout. The building was really nice. I was really looking forward to Rubicon, but left disapointed. If it wasnt for the hop juice (which tasted more like an ordinary IPA) I would of skipped it on the way back home to HB. Maybe it was just my wrecked palate from brewhouse hopping.

+1 on the Rubicon, I used to deliver bread at 7am to that place when I was in college and the brewer was always there with a full pint... good stuff. Looks like I'll be just missing you Ed, I'll be in Chico on Friday. I'm going camping so I'm stopping there just to go see the Sierra Nevada brewery...

Met with TwoHeadsBrewing at Sierra Nevada yesterday for a private tour. Awesome place. Afterwards we headed to the restaurant for some beers and food. Caspio joined us. I started off with a most excellent sampler.

SierraNevadSampler.jpg

After a while, Dan, our tourguide remembered I had mentioned how I enjoy Big Foot Barleywine and came over and asked us if we would like to try an aged one. He brought us a bottle of this and some wine glasses.

1999BigFoot.jpg

1999BigFootCap.jpg

That made my trip right there. Outstanding with a mellowed hop presence and strong hints of sherry.

Thanks for arranging a great afternoon Ben!

Thanks for coming up to Chico, what a great tour and a fantastic 1999 barleywine! That was pretty cool of them to be so accomodating on short notice. It was great to meet you...let's do it again if you're in the area! :mug:

Back