Where to get beer in Myrtle Beach?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sivdrinks

Reaction score
Heading down there middle of August and was wondering where to go in the Garden City area to buy craft beer. Any good beer bars you know of would be hood too. I know there's a Liberty brewery/restaurant at Broadway at the Beach but that's all I know. Not sure what brands are shipped to SC either, need at least a good IPA.

Surf Beverage has a good selection, on business 17 near inlet square mall.

A good must hit Resturant is The Gulf Stream Cafe. A bit expensive but worth it. By road, it is south of the Garden City pier on the same road. Only sunset view over the water in the area, and their menu is very good.

My other two favorites are the Charleston Cafe in downtown Surfside Beach, and Captain Dave's Dockside (very good microbrew and wine list) in MI.

If you get down there and have any questions shoot me a PM, my family has had a place in Surfside since the early 70's.

autobaun70 said:
Surf Beverage has a good selection, on business 17 near inlet square mall.

A good must hit Resturant is The Gulf Stream Cafe. A bit expensive but worth it. By road, it is south of the Garden City pier on the same road. Only sunset view over the water in the area, and their menu is very good.

My other two favorites are the Charleston Cafe in downtown Surfside Beach, and Captain Dave's Dockside (very good microbrew and wine list) in MI.

If you get down there and have any questions shoot me a PM, my family has had a place in Surfside since the early 70's.

Thanks for the response. Gonna have young kids so I'll probably just hit the beer store but would like to check out Down South micro brewery on 10th street I think. Any Dogfish down there or Cigar City? Just wanna make sure I have access to a good IPA. How about groceries, anywhere to avoid tourist gouging? Thanks again.

Dogfish should not be a problem to find. Where are you staying? You should be safe at any of the grocery stores, my favorite is Bi-Lo, bout the others are fine.

Also, there are some good seafood markets in MI, if you are planning on cooking seafood, I would recommend hitting one of them.

autobaun70 said:
Dogfish should not be a problem to find. Where are you staying? You should be safe at any of the grocery stores, my favorite is Bi-Lo, bout the others are fine.

Also, there are some good seafood markets in MI, if you are planning on cooking seafood, I would recommend hitting one of them.

In between Surfside and Garden City. Not far from MI either so I'll check out the seafood. Thanks again!

sivdrinks said:
In between Surfside and Garden City. Not far from MI either so I'll check out the seafood. Thanks again!

Sounds good. Our place is in Oceanside village, which is halfway between the Surfside and garden city piers.

You are picking a good time to visit, most of the sc schools are starting back next week which should help the crowd situation greatly.

I will also be in North Myrtle Beach last week of the month.
Any recommendations at that end?
I made note of what you listed so far, thanks.

Kevin

KVP said:
I will also be in North Myrtle Beach last week of the month.
Any recommendations at that end?
I made note of what you listed so far, thanks.

Kevin

If you like Italian Rossi's is wonderful. Located in the Galleria Shopping Center. Other than ridding up to eat there I haven't really been up that way in about 10 years.

I was there in July and there is a Piggly Wiggly at Market Commons that has an incredible selection of craft beer, they also have a growler fill station. Liberty steakhouse/brewery was pretty good too.

GTaylor said:
I was there in July and there is a Piggly Wiggly at Market Commons that has an incredible selection of craft beer, they also have a growler fill station. Liberty steakhouse/brewery was pretty good too.

Growler fill station at Piggly Wiggly? Guess I'll take my growlers!

Back