Where to find Three Floyds beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
While visiting my uncle in Chicago last fall, fell in love with the Three Floyds Gumball head. I am in Columbus Ohio. I don't mind driving a few hours to get some. Does anyone know where the closest place to Columbus this is distributed?

I live in Fort Wayne, IN. We have it around here. I'm sure you could find it in Indianapolis as well.

Never had a Three Floyds I didn't like....but their distribution seems to be limited. It's available all the time in Chicago, and of course in many places in Indiana. Here in E Central IL, we get it only on a limited basis. Our favorite watering hole had a Three Floyds night last week, featuring Alpha King, Robert the Bruce, Pride & Joy, and Gumball Head. That's unusual, though....never had the Pride & Joy here at all. If we're lucky, we see the odd keg of Alpha King, more often Robert the Bruce. I only remember Gumball Head once.

The closest I could find to my home (just south of Dayton) is West Side Liquors and Wine Shop (105 S. State St, West Harrison, IN). It's just across the border of OH near Cincinnati. I hit it after a business trip that had me traveling out of the KY/Cincy Airport.

Call before you go. Judging by the help that was there when I stopped by my guess is they will just tell you "yeah, we got it" or "never heard of it" without really checking. So, call and insist they check their stock before you make a trip like that. If/when you go their stock isn't really in any particular order. I found different 3F's all over the place. I lucked into a case of alpha king that was buried beneath some Goose Island or something, so you need to look around. Also, look for open cases. The alpha king I got was in a box for a different 3F's brand.

Thanks for the 411 GLWIII. I am heading to Cincinnati for a seminar in a few weeks and may have to make a pit stop. I am going to see if I can find some in Richmond, IN. It's so nice out today, a little road trip would be fun.

Anyone from Richmond, IN know if you can get Three Floyds there?

If they still have Brian Boru, their seasonal Irish Red, you must buy a bomber and try it out. I'm not a huge fan of Irish Reds but this one is fantastic.

Heading to Indy this weekend. If anyone knows where to get this anywhere near highway 70 between Ohio and Indy, it will save me a bunch of phone calls. Thanks!!

Don't have a specific one up that way, but you can try ratebeer.com. Search on gumball head. When you get the results, click on the line item for gumball head. Then at the rating screen click 'Find this beer'. It will list all the states and various locations with links to addresses and maps. I am almost certain there are a few in and around Indy.

Sweet. thanks for the beer finder links. didn't know such a thing existed!! I will be brewing this in a few weeks!

Back