Where to buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lampeshade

Reaction score
I have been brewing for a few months now trying to break theseal on all grain brewing. I need to buy some more equipment IE bigger pot and propane burner. Anyone have a favorite site or found a site that has the lowest prices

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I shop around every time I buy because prices change from sales, promotions, etc. I use Northern Brewer, Midwest, and William's Brewing mostly because I do not have a local home brew supply. If you do I'd recommend you use them. But there are others such as Morebeer, Austin Homebrew, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There are plenty of great sites. I would check out the Company Reviews section of this forum to get an idea of each company. It's really difficult to say what it would cost to go all grain. It really depends on your set-up and what your budget is. Also depends on if you want everything to arrive ready to brew or if you want to put some stuff together or just build your own.

I found mine on craigslist. It was a turkey fryer setup. I had to scrub the **** out of it multiple times, and did a couple full pot boils. It was well worth it though. Scored a 7.7 gallon kettle with the burner for $35

Depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend. Big brew pots with thermometers, valves, sight glass, etc can be very pricy. If you want to spend for one of those check out homebrewfinds.com. They list daily deals from all over the internet.

If you just want a plain old big pot (the route I went), Amazon has great deals. You can get a 10 gallon aluminum pot for around $40-50.

Same for the burner, you can spend anywhere from $40 to well over $100. I went with a turkey frier setup from Home Depot. I found a crazy cheap deal for like $30. Included the burner and a 30qt pot. I have since moved up to a 40qt pot, but still use the 30qt as a dunk/sparge pot. I BIAB. The burner works fine for me. Gets 5gal of strike water to temp in 10min or so. I can then bring 6.5-7gal of wort around 150F up to a boil in 15min or so.

So, it all depends on what you want. If going the cheaper route, I'd try amazon. And homebrewfinds.com is a great way to check ALL the brewing sites for the best deals day to day.

EDIT: I'll add I just bought a bunch of stuff (new perlick taps, beer line, posts for a keg, etc) from Adventures in home brewing and they had solid prices.... at least for what I needed.

Once or twice a year I'll build the same purchase from a whole bunch of sites and go with the cheapest after shipping. Of course I've found a couple of sites that I feel consistently get me the best deals/selection/service, but these will vary per individual.

If you live north of the border in Ontario I recommend ontariobeerkegs.com

awesome prices and service plus fast/ cheap shipping

Back