Where to buy winter cider in MI?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natopotato

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone here is familiar with some West Michigan orchards who still have some cider for sale. I thought I'd ask here before running through the phone book or going to Costco for some bottled juice. Thanks!

I think you can buy some uv pasteurized cider from Kingma's on Plainfield. It is pricey( $4-$5/gallon). I bought some from there in early December. Another option is to call Siciliano's on Lake Michigan Drive and ask if they know of any available. They are always very helpful.
Good Luck. jim

If you don't mind a slightly cheaper product, I have found Mussleman's Cider at Walmart until December. I haven't been there since. So I do not know if that was just a fall thing or if they keep it there year round. It's not as good as cider from a mill, but is better than juice from concentrate. FYI I live in MN.

Have you checked Klein's Orchard on 10 mile? I got some there around Thanksgiving. They told me that they would be pressing thru the month of December. With this mild weather, they may still be pressing. Their phone# is 887-7815.

I believe Quality Dairy stores in the Lansing area are still marketing their cider. Call around, most of the family orchards near me are closed for the winter but if you can find one open they may have frozen cider. Frozen works great.

Back