Where to Buy Recipes online

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe2004

Reaction score
Hi guys

i want to know where do you guys buy your supplies / recipes online ?

i know the standard is 5 Gallon size recipes but i prefer to make 2.5G at a time if i can find a place that i can pick the mount i want. i prefer not to get 5G recipes and then split it at home

Thanks

I don't buy recipes... There are literally hundreds available online for free.

I buy my supplies from a local home brew supply.

If you are talking about kits, rather than recipes, you are about to get many suggestions.

:)

Btw... I'm a small batch brewer. I brew in one gallon batches... Try the norther brewer website. They have lots of recipes, with instructions, including s number of small batches.

I bought Beersmith. You can set up your own equipment profile, there are thousands of recipes online and the software will automatically scale any recipe to your profile. It will also convert from extract to all grain and vice versa.

I just checked out northern brew I see they have 1 gallon kits buy.not much to select. Im mainly intrusted in Belgian style ale's and stout.

But yes what I want is a full kit to order and brew all in a package.

Thanks

There are other suppliers.

Google small batch brewing... It is a mail order supply shop just for one gallon batches. They have recipes and kits.

Also, in this forum there is a thread for small batch brewers.

I don't use kits. I use software called Ibrewmaster on the iPad to scale recipes down.

You're not going to find a lot of made to order kits for 2.5 gallon - almost all are 5 or 1 gallon. Fortunately scaling a 5 gallon recipe is as simple as cutting it in half. You can take any of the 5 gallon recipes and half them and then just buy the ingredients separately (Northern brewer for example lists their kit ingredients right on the site, or you can go the recipe section on the forum).

Brewmaster's Warehouse has a database of user/customer recipes you can browse. A lot of HBT members have recipes on there. This site also has a thorough recipe database.

Back