Where to buy ingredience?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulp26

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready to purchase my first Beer Making Kit. Can someone please point me in the general direction of some good sites for buying high quality, reasonably affordable ingredient kits to make in my beer making kit?

Also if you would be so kind please take a look and the kit I'm thinking of buying and let me know if I should get anything else with it (or a different kit) to make my first brew more successful.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=6875

Sorry, one final question... How important/convenient is a Wort Chiller?

Thanks!

If you are looking for equipment kits then I would spend the extra money and go for one with glass fermenters. They are easier to clean and you dont have to replace them. About the wort chiller if you are doing the extract kits you dont really need a wort chiller, just put your pot in an ice bath in the sink or your bathtub. Hope this helps you.

"ingredients" :D .... northernbrewer.com (for hops) and austinhomebrew.com (for everything else because they are closer and deliver very fast) are my personal favs.

haha. I just noticed that typo! How embarrassing!

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

However, if you plan on continuing this hobby, get the wort chiller. You'll thank yourself later. Also, plastic bucket for fermenting, carboys/BB for secondary. You can primary in glass/BB, but their harder to clean.

Back