Where to buy grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjdezz

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy grains and hops online. I'm looking for a few strange varieties and having difficulty finding a good supplies.

Also I am based in Ireland so if you could give me a few names of UK suppliers it would be great!

No, I usually stick to the LHBS because they're close to where I live and only buy from online vendors when they are out of a product or don't sell it.

I was just trying to see if that place was something you have thought of or used yourself. Are there any HBS's in your area, I'd think that Ireland would probably have a decent share of homebrew supply shops.

You might check with any local breweries you have and see if they will work something out for you as well.

The place I usually get grains from has shut down. Homebrewing isnt huge over here. I have managed to get my hands on Malted barley from a brewery but even slightly strange grains are hard to get i.e. malted wheat. I was hoping some one could give me a name of a reasonable and quality supplier.

Thanks for the suggestions i'll check them out :ban:

I used to buy my stuff from a place in Ranelagh called grape n' grain I think, although that was about 8 years ago. I'm not sure if it still around.

Are you in Dublin? You could try popping into the porterhouse and see if they can help with supplying some grain.
I've seen a couple of other irish home-brewers on this forum and NB forum so hopefully someone can help you out
Good luck!

Back