Where to buy Dandelions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnGans

Reaction score
Where can I buy dandelions? I've only found one vendor who is CRAZY expensive. are there any reasonably priced vendors? Looking to buy Dandelion blossoms/flowers

I will have my "pick your own" farm open by the middle of May, if you can wait.:D

lol, my buddy always gave me crap when i came over asking, "Can i pull your weeds for a salad?" he just told me..have at it, go and graze!

(and yet i bought a pack of seeds and threw them all around my yard, and didn't get one to pop up!)

lol, my buddy always gave me crap when i came over asking, "Can i pull your weeds for a salad?" he just told me..have at it, go and graze!

(and yet i bought a pack of seeds and threw them all around my yard, and didn't get one to pop up!)

That is hilarious....you need to hire my daughter to gather up all of the puff balls and blow the seeds all over your lawn. She sure it good at it in my lawn.

That is hilarious....you need to hire my daughter to gather up all of the puff balls and blow the seeds all over your lawn. She sure it good at it in my lawn.

i'm afraid my lawn days are over, here in S. AZ...nothing but gravel now.....

And all i could find on google for the OP about dandelion blossoms, was root powder...and leaves? is blossoms even a thing? i think your going to have to 'try' and grow your own, or start a landscaping side job!

Haha thanks guys! All I can find online is root of leaves. Might have to just plant my own and wait a few months!

Haha thanks guys! All I can find online is root of leaves. Might have to just plant my own and wait a few months!

You have to not want them in order to have the abundance of.

Glad we brightened your day! And found employment for a young girl! :tank:

But .. has anyone tried making a variety of dandelion wine using the root? Dandelion root makes a great tea (and in Edinburgh (Scotland)) you used to be able to get dandelion coffee.

But .. has anyone tried making a variety of dandelion wine using the root? Dandelion root makes a great tea (and in Edinburgh (Scotland)) you used to be able to get dandelion coffee.

I think they pick those roots at a certain time of year and then roast it heavily. I’m not sure why you would make wine out of it.....people aren’t making coffee wine after all, so why would they make wine out of something that tastes similar?

and who doesn't make coffee wine or coffee mead? Heck! There is even a version of t'ej (mead made to a traditional Ethiopian recipe that is about 3000 years or more old) that uses coffee. IMO the best way to make a great coffee mead is to add cracked beans to the secondary.

Hire a bunch of local kids. I did a 1G batch of dandelion wine once, in 2015. 7 cups of blossoms for a 1G batch is a crapton load- took me about a month to collect them all. Unfortunately, no kids around where I live.

Back