Where to buy Czech Saaz hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenb

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an online store that has them in stock in bulk..ie 1 lb? Or if not in lesser quantities at a reasonable price?

Good luck. I paid $7 for 2oz EKG pellets at my LHBS. Prices have sky rocketed with the hops "shortage". Search around though, maybe you will find a deal.
- Dirk

I buy from freshops.com. They don't have any Saaz, but they do have Sterling at $1.60 an oz. Keep in mind that these are whole hops, not pellets. From what I have read, Sterling has a very similar profile to Saaz, but with fewer grassy flavors. With the shortage as it is, I have been buying different varieties that are similar to what I normally use. It's a great way to come up with new and interesting brews, too!

i think the hop shortage article in byo this month (i dont have it here at work) mentioned that next yrs saaz hops are going to be near 1% alpha.

$4 doesnt sound bad.

Back