Where to buy coolers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emian

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a Rubbermaid 10 gallon round cooler. I see them online - but shipping puts the price up too high.

Can anyone suggest what stores might have these?

Ian

Try Ace Hardware if you have one nearby. They have a free shipping to store option. That's how I got mine.

I just bought 2, 10 gallon Coleman Drink Coolers for $20 a piece at the Coleman outlet near me. If you live near one they may have the same deal. They're perfect and have gallon markings on the inside as well. I'll post pics eventually as I'm using them to build my HERMS.

I tried all of the suggested stores - no 10 gallons - perhaps it's not "cooler" season.

I'll try ordereing hrough ACE to my local store - thanks for the suggestions.

Ian

I'd call a couple of times, before giving up. I called the 3 stores and they all said they didn't have them. I called later that day and two of the three had them. unless you get the right person they will just say they don't have them as opposed to looking, this time of year they are all on the top rack.

Ace is the place! Seriously though, I looked everywhere before I ordered from them. $50 shipped to store. I don't understand why it was to hard to find one of those coolers.

It might be a bit of a hunt now since its not summertime but I would check any sporting good store like Dick's, Bass Pro, which would be inclined to have them year round. I'd check Big Lots too if you have one near you, although any that you find there might not be an name-brand....

I had the same problem shopping for mine in the winter. The local HD's definitely considers it a seasonal item. The Ace Hardware with free shipping to their store turned out to be the trick.

Keep in mind that there are several other alternative coolers that will work just as well ast the round orange one.

I ordered mine and had it shipped to ace 2 weeks ago. I did the conversion and tested it with 160 degree F water. It warped on one side. I then did my first batch in it and now the warp has some cracks on the ridge. If I were you, I would consider the Coleman Xtreme. Do a search on here for warped rubbermaid.

The one at Ace looks like it doesn't have molded handles, but rather a loop handle. Is that right?

Back