Where do you get your silicone tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah I can get it anywhere, but looking for where people actually buy it... pricing. Thanks

Yah I dont see any silicone tubing at NB... only vinyl and thermoplastic...

I don't use silicone, I like the thermoplastic rubber tubing from NB.

AHS has 1/2" tubing for $2.10 per foot, that looks like the best deal out there... I heard a rumor about a hop sale in April too, so maybe I will get some Riwaka and silicone :mug: I think I still have a free shipping coupon too....

I didnt think that the March pump actually sucked anything... thus the "not self priming" thing. I know many people use silicone, so I had always presumed there was no issue with it.

Once it is primed there a pushing and pulling. Simple physics. It can not self prime since it's design does not work with air.

I was testing the pump out with 3/4" braided PVC with hot tap water and the inlet hose collapsed. I've moved down to 1/2" braided PVC with thick walls.

I'm assuming that the silicone tubing walls are thick enough then?

We have silicone hose in stock and ready to go.

Forrest

Forrest... have you thought any more about the the hop sale in April? I think I heard you mention that a while back. Looks like you are the man to get my silicone from... now if I could get my wife some silicone from you too, Id be set ;)

WWWWAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHAAAA!
untitled.jpg

Back