Where do you get your homebrewing stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert McCoy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been out of the Homebrewing loop for some time (13 years) so no doubt a lot has changed. I still have most of my brewing equipment. So I wont have a bunch of start up cost. I used to use Austin Homebrew. They seemed a decent company. But I'd like to know who's doing a good job now. Having just purchased a kegerator I believe I'll venture into the world of kegging as well as bottling.

Because I have storage space and the right equipment, and like to save $$, I get my base malts by the bag from a LHBS outside of Portland, my hops by the pound from HopsDirect or Yakima Valley Hops, and my yeast and specialty grains from my LHBS (from which I save yeast in frozen vials).

I try to get most of my stuff from RiteBrew. They don't have everything and some of their selections are limited but they have good prices and I live close enough to get next day shipping for $7.

Because I have storage space and the right equipment, and like to save $$, I get my base malts by the bag from a LHBS outside of Portland, my hops by the pound from HopsDirect or Yakima Valley Hops, and my yeast and specialty grains from my LHBS (from which I save yeast in frozen vials).

Mainbrew?? That is where I get most of stuff. Great friendly and helpful staff.

I hit my local shop in Foxboro Mass. its just a one man operation, but i can get anything i need. ( shameless plug for the witches brew )

Depends on what I'm buying. I use RiteBrew for most of my bulk malt, some other things like PBW or Star-San in larger sizes. I'm fortunate, they're only about 3 hours away, and either I or a buddy get by there on a regular basis so we can pick up and avoid shipping costs.

For fresh liquid yeast, almost always my LHBS. They also have good prices and selection on hops, so a lot of hops are bought there.

For equipment, Brewhardware is my main supplier, supplemented by NorCal and Stainless Brewing.

Morebeer for grain (free shipping on orders >$59).
Farmhouse for hops.
I also like William's--good selection and flat-rate shipping.
LHBS for yeast and anything I need right now and can't wait.

Another MoreBeer customer for 95% of my orders. Prices are comparable but with free shipping on $59+ orders was initially the deciding factor. They are a good company to deal with regardless.

Back