Where do you buy your whole hops from.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All-Hail-IPA

Reaction score
I have been buying hops online but whenever they get in they are stale; is this ok? Which online resource provides the best whole hops

I have had good luck with Labelpeelers,com and just picked up 3 lbs through Hopsdirect.com.

Get it from a LHBS that orders from Dave Mills at Freshops. They are by far the best. Hopsdirect is one of the worst sources for leaf hops. They over-kiln their hops.

I buy pellet hops from hopsdirect.com (no problems with overkilning or flavor issues for me) and I buy leaf (whole) hops from freshops.com. That's in the fall, after the harvest.

Other times, I buy hops from various places. I just bought some the other day from thehopsshack.com- good price on galaxy hops and others.

I buy most hops in bulk (by the pound) but occasionally I only need an ounce or two and so I get those from homebrew stores.

Freshhops sends them out in a plastic bag with a twist tie keeping them closed. Great hops, I've had luck with them, and they let you select precisely the number of ounces you want. Just plan on repacking your hops as soon as they come in.

Freshhops sends them out in a plastic bag with a twist tie keeping them closed. Great hops, I've had luck with them, and they let you select precisely the number of ounces you want. Just plan on repacking your hops as soon as they come in.

I ordered some hops from them last fall and both packages were vacuum sealed.

Back