Where do you buy your spices?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbas

Reaction score
I'm looking to find a reputable online vendor to purchase some spices, like vanilla and cinnamon, for a stout I'm working on. Who do you prefer to order from?

I have a local spice shop. I haven't ordered online. It is just easier to go and pick some out, plus I get to see and smell them before paying.

I like whole foods for spices; they have a self-serve "spice rack" with a wide selection of specialty spices, you scoop out/weigh as much or as little as you need into plastic bags. Waaay cheaper than buying a whole container of something you only need a pinch or two of.

I like whole foods for spices; they have a self-serve "spice rack" with a wide selection of specialty spices, you scoop out/weigh as much or as little as you need into plastic bags. Waaay cheaper than buying a whole container of something you only need a pinch or two of.

+100
I was shocked at the price difference, and you can just bag the amount you need.
Same applies for bulk tea also.

I don't have any stores too close to me except a wholefoods about 30 minutes away although that may be a good idea to check out. I'll also look into the vendors listed here. Thanks for the help everyone!

Latest posts

Back