Where can i find a cheap chest freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcolson

Reaction score
Any one know any good websites i can order a chest freezer from for pretty cheap for lager periods... thanks

Craigslist.com is a very good place to start. People sell them for cheap and usually work very well. Sometimes usable ones can be had for free.

I found a brand new one for about half price on eBay. It takes a while though. I was obsessively refreshing for about a month.

i might just give in and go to home depot or something and buy one sigh... there goes $200

Shipping on a single item that large is going to be spendy. This is an instance where buying locally is going to be cheaper than ordering on the net.

I watched craigslist religiously for about a month before I found one for the right price. Got a 10 cu ft that holds 3 - 6.5 gal carboys for $70 used. Not a bad deal, but I had to be patient.

What's your definition of cheap? Sam's club is selling a GE 5 cu. ft. chest freezer for $154.87 brand new.

0040616617129_L4.jpg

Don't forget you get a warranty for it and since it is new, it will be much cheaper to operate than some ancient thing you pay $50 to $100 on craigs list. It will make a nice kegerator too.

;)Go to lowes on sunday afternoon or evening when the employees dont want to put the clearance crap away. It was a couple years ago, but I always made the best deals on sunday evening.

I was a dept mgr, and zone mgr..

Sunday evening, about 2 hrs before they close-ASK to speak to a MGR. Not the people on the floor.

Hope this helps.
Bob

Back