Where can I drill holes into my fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeinCT

Reaction score
I have built a collar extension for my dorm fridge. Its a pretty good fit but I would like to prevent it from moving by putting a couple of screws into the fridge wall. This would be from the outside and within one inch of the vertical leading edges. If I do this will I hit anything - like coils?

In this case the door is off. So I have the empty box that I want to attach to. So I would like to drill into the edge of the box where the door would normally attach and then on the other side of the box next to the outter most edge.

thanks, Mike

You should still be ok. Here is a generic diagram of how a fridge is put together. As long as you stay away from the back you should be good
00024764-00001.png

A lot of fridges have coils in the sides and top now. Just feel your fridge after it's been running. Any area that feels warm = no drilling.

Agreed on the coils in top and sides. These areas are warm during operation. I am going to put two little holes on each side in upper and lower corners. I think this will be safe.

Good news is the kegerator will not completely finished - (needs tap and paint) is keeping keg at 38 F. So things are looking up.

thanks, MIke

Back