Where can I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilson

Reaction score
Where is a good place I can buy kegging equipment? Any suggestions?

what are you looking for in particular. I just ordered a bunch of stuff and ended up with shipments from like 4-5 places.

And what someone considers 'good' is another thing. Some people: good = lowest price, others good = one stop shop and still others good = best service.

No retailer has figured out how to be all things to all people.

What are you looking for in parts and in a shopping experience?

I am looking for a basic Kegging Starter kit. Something so I can put my home brew on draft any suggestions?

local home brew supply store should be an obvious first stop if you have one. having exhausted that I would say between ebay, this forum, and google you shuld be all set!

so what are you building?

full bar with multiple taplines and a kegerator?

fridge conversion?

jockey box?

bucket 'o' ice with akeg in it?

easiest (cheapest) start up is a 5# co2 tank, single regulator, one corny keg, and a picknic tap. all this can be had easily < $200

I want to turn my garage into a small bar for friends and family.

You really need to be more specific than that.

Tilson said:
Where is a good place I can buy kegging equipment? Any suggestions?

This is like asking where you can buy kichen supplies and appliances.

Tilson said:
I want to turn my garage into a small bar for friends and family.

And this is like asking about remodeling your kitchen.

Search the galleries here and give us an idea about what you want.

Dude (look in his gallery) buit his own bar.

Search for Sanyo and you will find many here that converted a small fridge into a kegerator.

www.beeveragefactory.com and www.micromatic.com are the most favored around here. You can't get cornie kegs from them but they sell everything else. Beer faucets you may be better served (no pun intended) to shop around for a bit. Invest in Shirron or Perlick forward seal taps; don't go cheap on the faucets.

Okay--- that's a start.

What can you tell us about how you envision the space being used? Do you want ot build an actual bar (with stools and the like) or are you thinking of merely backign the car out of the garage and setting up a couple folding chairs?

How much space are you willing to give up? 5 square feet? 10? 100?

Are you thinking you'd like to have a fridge converted to a kegerator? Or are you wanting to just throw the kegs on ice once in a while?

What kind of budget are you looking at? $200? $400? $1000?

Do you figure you'll have one flavor on tap? 2? 6?

Do you have a fridge or a freezer already that you'd like to convert?

If the questions seem to long try it this way: tell us what you dreamed of when you started looking for information.

all do it yourself style or do you have some $$ to blow? It doesn't affect the final product but it will change how you go about it.

a 'single' professional kegerator can usually (depending on brand) hold four cornies. It will need to have the tower replaced to pour four beers but that is not to expensive.

Upright fridges can be converted for not to much money but are less attractive. I've seen people put up to six cornies in one. I prefer them with the shanks and taps on the side instead of the door so the door can be opened without disturbing the lines but it will depend on your final set up.

A chest frezzer can make a great fridge and hold a lot of cornies with room to spare for lagering or cold conditioning. If I was using a freezer I would probably want my tower(s) attached to the bar but then you need insulated lines.

no matter how you proceed you will need a co2 splitter with one in and as many outs as you want beer lines. I prefer to have an extra so I can force carbonate or push beer or whatever without losing a line ands switching connectors. I also like to have one open sanke tap for 'guest' brews . so for four taplines I would get a mainfold with 5 outs.

seems like a lot to think about but it gets simpler the more planning you do. also try to keep it somewhat modular so you can change stuff up in the future without starting over.

beverage factory has been a good source for pro stuff as well as conversion parts for me. but everyone has a favorite. do a search for some specifics on the internet and you'll be overwhelmed with available parts.

keep getting more specific and I'm sure peopl will chime in with pros and cons as well as where to get stuff.

CraigsList is a great place to look for such equipment. If you don't see what you want, post in the "Want to buy" section.

Back