Where are your cornies from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 10 corny kegs. 2 I bought from the LHBS. 4 I got from a ebay seller in WI and 4 I got from an ebay seller in CA. I was cleaning some then up and I started to reading the markings on the kegs. Here's where mine are from:
  1. Quincy, Ill
  2. Flagstaff, AZ
  3. Indianapolis
  4. Alleghany Pepsi Bottling Co.
  5. Pepsi Bottling Co. of the Southwest
  6. Toronto
  7. Baltimore
  8. Albuquerque, NM
  9. Somerville, MA
  10. Springfield Pepsi Cola
Where are your's from?

I only have 1 corny keg i just got a 13 gallon keg from ebay tonight. I wish i had 10 or even 5 you lucky ass! :mug:

I swear the more time i spend on here the more gizmos i want!

I posted a request for bottles on freecycle and was offered a good deal on a kegging system. I bitched the guy out a little bit for trying to sell stuff to people on freecycle...then I bought it.
Still need one more cornie if anyone in SE WI wants to unload one.

Wolf:

That SuperLarry Guy is in the Fox Valley somewhere I think. You'd have to ask BernieBrewer aka Ablrbarau. Without shipping, you could get a smokin deal on cornies.

Yep, he's out of Oshkosh (B&D Equipment is his actual business). Last time i checked he was at like $13 or so for a corney.

I bought my first one from my LHBS. Numbers 2-5 came from a local store that has a crapload of them for sale for pretty cheap. I actually need to go get more of them soon.

I also have three 3 gallon cornies that get more use than the other ones. One of them is ball lock and an older style that I am thinking about putting on e-bay to help fund some more brewing purchases. These things are going for ridiculous prices right now. Upwards of 100 bucks for them.

Dude said:
I also have three 3 gallon cornies that get more use than the other ones. One of them is ball lock and an older style that I am thinking about putting on e-bay to help fund some more brewing purchases. These things are going for ridiculous prices right now. Upwards of 200 bucks for them.

That's absolutely insane that anyone would pay that much for a small corny, since you can buy a brand-new, 2.5-gallon corny from Williams Brewing for $87 (essentially the same as they charge for a new, 5-gallon one).

the_bird said:
That's absolutely insane that anyone would pay that much for a small corny, since you can buy a brand-new, 2.5-gallon corny from Williams Brewing for $87 (essentially the same as they charge for a new, 5-gallon one).

My bad. I thought I typed $100!

I'll edit my post!

Just trying to rein this back in. Go and read the stamped markings on your keg.
In my case, several of these kegs traveled 1000s of miles to get to me.

The Flagstaff one was from the Oshkosh guy, SuperLarry.

I have 5 - 5 gallon corny's and 1 - 3 gallon. Bought one 5 gallon at a garage sale for $5.00, a friend gave me one. The other 5 gallons and the 3 gallon I bought for about $10 ea. at a LHBS that went out of business about 10 years ago. Origins are as follows.

3 Gallon
Ray Burgess Company, Inc. - Seattle WA

5 Gallon
Walton Beverage - Bellingham WA
Pepsi-PBG (No city referenced)
Pepsi Bottling Co. - Denver CO
Waterloo Iowa
Royal Crown Bottling - Huntington WV

Holy crap SuperLarry's raised his prices. I got five from him awhile back for $40. The guy's got literally thousands of them in stock, or at least he did. Sandy's been there more recently than me; she'd have a better idea of his current stock.

Dude if you're gonna sell one of your 3 gallon jobs, PM me before you put it on Ebay. I want dibs.

Wolf, if you're going for a road trip to Oshkosh, stop by. You'll be going right past my house.:D

I used to work in a building that had a Chinese restaurant that went under and the owners had disappeared. One day some guys came to gut the place. As I walked out the back door I see one of them about to toss a cornie in the dumpster. I yelled "STOP" and ran down to them. There was 7 cornies they had found in the building and were throwing them in the dumpster.

Thinking about it afterward, I realize that they probably belonged to some local bottler but at the time I was just thinking of rescuing those babies from the dumpster.

Back