where are you preordering your rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered mine from Thyme Garden March 19 ish and were delivered today. 2 of each Cascade, Chinook, Fuggle and Norther Brewer all had 2 to 5 chutes growing off them. They will meet there new home tomorrow.:rockin::rockin:

got mine from Midwest.. still waiting on them though.. said they shipped all of them out this past monday...

if you ordered from midwest, expect a USPS priority mail package soon

Yup...got mine today from Midwest! I'm happy, too. Ordered Cascade, Willimette, Halertau and Glacier. They all had multiple shoots growing from them (except for the Willimette) some shoots were even 4-5 inches long! Both Willimettes had mold on them but I'm not too worried. They are in the ground now and ready to grow!

my centinnials are the only ones that have sprouted from thyme garden. They look like purple asparagus. my willamette, cascades and saaz show no signs of life yet, but it hasn't been above 50 since I planted them and they arent in the best spot for light...

got mine today...and the Thyme Garden must have ran out of the small Mt.Hoods cuz thy gave me a jumbo mo fo...if this year is anything like last year I'm going ta have some hoppy brew..good luck this year you all..:rockin:

ALL my rhizomes Arrived On the 2nd!
I planted 4 of the 7 (Placing Tettnang, Willamette, and Sterling in the fridge for the night).

Even though the weather is going to be pretty wicked tomorrow, I am doing the last three tomorrow :)
I see a lot of crazy clouds rolling over the mountains, and it's supposed to be pretty windy, about 45+ mph winds. But who cares, I got hops to grow! :D

I ordered mine this past Sunday from Freshops and they got here Thursday. Thats pretty good considering I live on the Eastern Shore of MD and they were sent from Oregon. The Rhizomes were very large with a decent amount of sprouts. Very happy with the service.

I ordered from two places at the same time and same day-- Freshops and keystonehomebrew. My freshops have been here for almost three weeks. Yesterday I get a call from keystonehomebrew and the two varieties I ordered "they did not receive". Suxors! They were the only place listing Santiam and Liberty that I found-- I knew there was a chance I wouldn't get them because of this, but was hoping they had a contract with somebody...

I ordered mine this past Sunday from Freshops and they got here Thursday. Thats pretty good considering I live on the Eastern Shore of MD and they were sent from Oregon. The Rhizomes were very large with a decent amount of sprouts. Very happy with the service.

I too ordered rhyzomes from Freshops ( 2 ea. sterling & galena ) in mid- March, and they arrived in four days. I previously pre-ordered ( in late February ) from two other suppliers. One such order arrived a week ago, and the second order arrived yesterday, right in the middle of the worst heat-wave of the year ( record-setting 100 deg. in L.A. ). I had 2 of the required 7 hills ready to go, but I decided to keep them in the fridge for another day, until the heat breaks. Some of the shoots from the second batch had wilted back, even though they got two shots of 2-gallon-hour ( drip ) waterings! If I had it to do over again, I would order the whole enchilada from FH, in order to make my planting schedule fit the weather better. JMHO.

Back