Where are my bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milanored

Reaction score
Hi all I done a coopers ale kit and all has gone well. My concern is the longer I leave the bottles they seem to be loosing there bubbles It was bottled and left in garage at about 17 degrees for 3 weeks before putting in the fridge. Was this to long ???

The kit come with these white plastic bottles which to be fair were poor quality. I think you could be spot on mate thank you. Will have to look at other options for my.next brew which I am looking to start next week ???

17 degrees is not a very good temperature for bottle conditioning either. It should have been left closer to 22 or so for the three weeks. I'd recommend moving them to a warmer area for a few days to a week, then refrigerate for a few days then try. I don't think you were warm enough to start with when they were carbing, that cold will take a lot longer for it to fully carb up as well.

Course it could always be the bottles too.

The kit come with these white plastic bottles which to be fair were poor quality. I think you could be spot on mate thank you. Will have to look at other options for my.next brew which I am looking to start next week ???

Just save pop top bottles from the commercial beers you drink. You can get a wing capper for ~$12-$15 and bottle caps are fairly cheap especially if you buy them in bulk. Saving 2+ cases of bottles is fun, great excuse to drink a lot of beer! :mug:

Thank you from the UK for your replys just cracked another as it is a hot day here and it is fine the bottles must be guilty. I will source some proper bottles and try next brew with glass bottles capped

Back