Whens my beer ready to drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom32

Reaction score
Hey guys new to home brewing and new to this forum now this might seam like a stupid question
I finished my first coopers Australian lager and bottled it on feb 2nd all the sugar is dissolved and the beer is clear can I sample it now
Or should I just wait

should

Make it an even 3 weeks. With the cooper's kits brewed as is,I've experienced even 4 weeks before the week fridge time to get good carbonation,flavor,& clarity with them in the supplied PET bottles.

I have learned the hard way not to rush things, Like union said leave them alone for 3 weeks they will need that time to carbonate and mature the flavours.
Now you need to get on a schedule where you will have beer in various stages so you will have a constant supply of ready to drink brews!

Ok cool I had set myself the date of St Patrick's Day to try my brew so will just stick to that have the coopers Canadian Blonde brewing at the moment
What kind of abv can I expect from these kits according to my hyd readings my Australian lager should be 4.5% is that about right

6.8% I presume you don't use the standard coopers brew enhancer then

Had a taste when I was taking my final readings left it in the fermenter for an extra week so in the bottles now about 5 days and are looking really good they are crystal clear and the bottles are quite firm but don't want to ruin my first real taste of home brew beer so maybe ill just suck it up and wait

6.8% I presume you don't use the standard coopers brew enhancer then

No,I don't. I add usually a 3lb bag of Munton's plain light DME & various hops,depending on the style I'm shooting for,to the Cooper's can(s). Look at my recipes for some idea of what I'm talking about.

Back