When you plan ahead and then

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toto's

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Yesterday i have been remembered that if you dont plan ahead and check for your materials before brewing....😱😱😱
So i was brewing a weissbeer, all was going well until my new whirlpool setup. I suddenly remembered that my 2 hop bags are being used for dry hop a pilsner up to the 30th of December. Well no proble i have a whirlpool now. After my 60 minutes boiling i lowered the temperature around 77 and ....
i have collected my home grown cascade hop this year so i decided to put it 35gr. of it. So ya dum ass what have you done!!!!! Hooo my is that a hop you can see going in the pipe toward the pump!!! Hoo ****!!!! And another one!!! And another one.... nice job genius now the pump is stock!!!! F@#$!!!
Well an extra job now.. clear the pump.... took out all the how with a strainer and re-started the whirlpool which worked very well without whole hops!!!!
So i will keep my hops for dryhopping or will have to use a hop bag 😅

In brief, while running his whirlpool system for the first time, our hero learned that whole leaf hops can be inadvertently turned into plug hops if allowed to comingle with a pump's impellor. Our indomitable hero saved the day with the aid of his trusty sidekick Sgt. Strainer and they both learned an important lesson about pausing for a moment of reflection prior to engaging in feats of derring-do.

F9AFD20B-B23C-43D6-B279-F40E709C834D.jpeg

Back