When you are the only one up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
All of a sudden you find beer to taste better, the movies to be so much more intriguing and the ice cream to be that much more sweet. But why am I stuck stranded on my couch island? This sucks. I didn't even do anything so wrong. Time to have another beer and pray for a grilled cheese sandwich tomorrow. The movie Twilight is slightly effemenate and the movie Striptease is slightly classic.

PS...In the background of my movie is my starter stirring away. Tomorrow shall be a good day, sadly tonight needs work

:off: but here goes my rant.

Haha calling Twilight slightly effeminate is putting it mildly. My nieces bought me the first 2 books for Christmas thinking "hey he liked reading Harry Potter he'll like this" bless their silly hearts.

But I also have this rule about I don't make fun of something I haven't actually read/watched/listened to/whatever myself. So now I've read the first 2 books and I am primed and prepped to poke fun at this crappy series all I want. And whoo boy is it bad. It's like a 14 year old girl's diary with better spelling. A 14 year old girl who cuts herself.

By the end of book 2 I still cannot describe to you what Bella is supposed to look like, she's short, clumsy and pale. That's about it. Edward though? She describes him in excruciating (and I do mean excruciating) detail dozens of times. I wanted to make a drinking game out of it, whenever she mentions how beautiful Edward is, I take a big drink of beer, I'd probably be on the floor before 2 chapters were finished.

I still haven't watched the movie though so I can't say how bad it might be but I will probably go ahead and watch it soon too just to cover all my bases, so the next time my nieces visit us I can poke fun at the series mercilessly (and hopefully stave off any idea they may have of getting me the REST of the books).

:off: but here goes my rant.

Haha calling Twilight slightly effeminate. . . .

By the end of book 2 I still cannot describe to you what Bella is supposed to look like, she's short, clumsy and pale. That's about it. Edward though? She describes him in excruciating (and I do mean excruciating) detail dozens of times. I wanted to make a drinking game out of it, whenever she mentions how beautiful Edward is, I take a big drink of beer, I'd probably be on the floor before 2 chapters were finished.

I like vampire stuff, but have been loathe to read/see this film. However, your proposed drinking game has me highly intrigued. Plus, I would be able to level critiques against it with some level of substance if I actually make it through the whole movie. *Cheers*

It is like drinking the essence of woman and then taking a bubble bath with candles and delicate music playing in the background. Not at all a vampire film. In fact, all the vampires in the movie are just pretty people. No vampire action at all. Good if you want to feel all warm and cozy inside after just watching a love story.

Back