When to brew when to drink calendar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollowdp

Reaction score
I swear I've seen a calendar which said when to brew a style so that it will be ready to drink at the correct time of the year. I've searched and searched but apparently not well enough. Can someone point me in the right direction?

?That would be a great little idea. I'm sure the board can thrown something pretty easily, the hardest part is deciding which styles to have.

I think Brew Your Own magazined did that in the past, with each issue containing beers to be brewed at that time. I didn't find anything on their web site with a quick search, though. I'll try and remember to check my back issues and see if I find it.

Rick

Those Google calendars are a good find, thanks! It helps with the "what should I brew next" problem.

They might need some tweaking though. It says to brew dry stout on January 31st and drink dry stout on Feburary 29th. That doesn't leave a lot of time to condition, maybe they mean for you to age it for 13 months?

I'll try and remember to check my back issues and see if I find it.
Either I am, like Clemens says Pettitte is doing, misremembering, or I no longer have those issues. Couldn't find it, nor did I see it on their "back issues" section of their website.

Rick

With the tools that we have available to us these days (lagerators and such), I'm not so sure that is matters what time of year you brew a certain style of beer.

Back