when to bottle and be safe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misha

Reaction score
So original gravity of my cider was around 6, now its like 1, so im curious if i bottle that - is it likely to explode, maybe some have experience what's the safe option. Cheers

20201205_133506.jpg

1.06 so i guess same as your numbers, i was told in previous posts that when it reaches 1 it will be completely finish so I think it might be close enough, but its is still going - judging from slow moving bubbles, just will try to wait few more days,

Never bottle anything that is actively fermenting. Bottling with ongoing fermentation is a major safety issue! Cider can take weeks to ferment to completion, and you simply have to wait.

When was the hydrometer photo showing 1.060 taken - at the beginning, before fermentation started, or NOW, as you are contemplating bottling?

Hi, thanks for good advice, 1.060 was at the beginning, now its's around 1, I will wait until its stops completely, might do some experiments other time.

Back